new yarn for ME !!!!


ok first off dont laugh at my ball.... this was the first time i have EVER done this....i splurged on myself a few weeks ago and bought this at my local yarn shop.... i am going to knit it up as a scarf and who only knows what else. still waiting on my best buddy to figure out what design we are going to do on them... btw she got some yarn like this but a different color too....it is hand dyed yarn made by Araucania called Aysen....70% merino wool/ 20% alpaca/ 10% silk..... very soft....the color i chose has blues, greens, browns and beige in it....they at the yarn shop had one knit up in a long scarf with a lil bit of each color the sold in it so you could see what it looks like knitted and i fell in love with this color.... you can see what color melanie has by checking out her blog here

2 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Oooo...nice yarn. I know, I need to get the design figured out but you need to get some more hours in the day. And if I cast on one more thing before I get something finished...please, slap me!
Hugs!

Aunt Kathy said...

You guys should try the drop stitch pattern for this scarf, I bet it would be beautiful. It's super easy too, I have made several of them for gifts out of all kinds of yarn, but the multi colored yarns look so good. Plus you can use big needles or small needles too... the pattern in on knitting pattern central, but I always tweek it... I like to do about 5 or 6 rows between dropped stitch rows.

I can't wait to see what you two make with these beautiful yarns.