vacation at myrtle beach

this was my hubby,2 kids and m-i-l... at myrtle beach... the water was cool at first but after about 5 minutes you get warmed to it...

this is my hubby... he enjoyed the time just looking for sharks teeth... he found alot of them....

my eldest son thought it would be fun to bury himself in the sand and my youngest was happy to help bury him...



this was taken after sundown Thursday night... a man was fishing on the beach not far from where we were at and it looked like he caught something so my m-i-l went over and sure enough he caught this... it is a baby shark.... the kids actually touched it and asked 20 questions...


Well... the only thing i have left to say about our trip to the beach other than it was a great time to get away is.... mothers BEWARE.... just because you are a mom and put EVERYONE else ahead of you ...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take my advice here.... SUNSCREEN YOURSELF FIRST then do everyone else....i on the second day there was too worried about everyone else and after i finished the lil one they were all ready to go and i didn't even think about myself... WRONG MOVE!!!! i am so sunburned it is not even funny... it has been only 4 days since the sunburn and i can finally put on a light shirt without wanting to hurt someone....there are no pictures of the sunburn at this time... ( i am seriously photo phobic ) ... well i am back and have alot of knitting to do ... i took it with me to do but that didn't happen....well more later... thanks for dropping by and have a great day!!!

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Yep Froggies burn too, does that little froggie on your sidebar ion the lounge chair have sunscreen? LOL

I too am suffering from sunburn. And I too am a little photo phobic, but I did post a picture of my sunburned toes, lol

Sunburn aside though it looks like it was a good time.

Welcome home

Lil Knitter said...

Welcome back, Red! Lol
I can't believe Christopher didn't have Danny in the sand up to his neck...awesome photo of the baby shark!!That was a pretty cool surprise for the kids.

Hope your sunburn is better SOON! Get back to that knitting g/f!

Hugs!

Lil Knitter said...

There's a surprise for you on my blog.
Hugs!