Balloon Fest 2008

this weekend began the BalloonFest in our town... i had my camera with me so i could grab a few shots... i got to work before my boss did and she called me and said ... grab your camera and a drink and out a note on the door we are going to go watch... well these are just a few of the ones i took... these were taken yesterday (friday) around 8:30 am...



this was just a few of the balloons that were up and flying...



when we first stopped and was observing we ran into a couple of chasers... and they were telling us about the contest they were having so we went to observe....in the feild where all the people are standing there is a big X there and the balloons had to be so far up before they could drop their marker and the closest to the big X wins... you can see the white squiggly looking thing that's what they were dropping... it looked like a high air version of toilet papering...

on my way back to where my boss had pulled off the side of the road she was motioning to me to "look up" ... and i had my camera ready to go and this is what i caught... it was way too cool...

thanks for dropping by and looking at the balloons... have a great day/night... chat with ya's later :Þ

2 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

You and Chris got some good shots g/f. WTG. Hopefully we can both get some more before they leave town.
These are great! Nice job!
Hugs!

*Michaela says "HEY!"*

Aunt Kathy said...

I am loving enjoying the balloons through you and Mel... how fun.